Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lesley 6008 - Wikipedia

I  looked up three topics on both Wikipedia (English and Simple English) and Britannica: First Lego League, Golden Gate Bridge, and Hay Springs, NE.

Only one of the three showed up in all three, Golden Gate Bridge.  The Wikipedia-English article had the most information. I also looked Golden Gate Bridge up in the WorldBookOnline (Advanced, Student, Kids).  WorldBookOnline had a separate article in the first two, but in the Kids version only mentioned the bridge in an article on bridges.  Most of the factual information was the same.  The biggest difference was a large section in Wikipedia (a couple sentences in Simple English) about the suicides from the bridge.

I attempted to add a notable citizen to the Hay Springs, NE article and link it to another article in Wikipedia.  It was removed several hours later.  I didn't have an account and wonder if the effect would be different if I had an account. I read about posting new information.  Personal knowledge isn't enough.  There has to be a printed source to verify the information.

No comments: