Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lesley 6008 - Prezi

Prezi is cool to watch and complicated to do.  Here is one I did as an introduction to our library. http://prezi.com/l-avfflsjslq/hawks-library/  As I was doing it I kept thinking what do I want big or small.  Do I want the whole thing to have a special shape and what do I want visible when you look at the whole thing?  Putting things in an order was about the easiest part once I decided on all the pieces.

Some of my students would go wild with this.  I would start out with fourth and fifth graders (my oldest regular classes).  I would begin with topic like 5 things about me or my 5 favorite activities with pictures and a statement for each.  On the first time around I would keep the content simple and familiar. Depending on the results and the learning curve I might move to groups and something that would require some research.  The second time around could also be a joint project with the classroom teacher as an assessment activity for a unit of study.

Before going into this project I would be sure the students understand which photos may be used and how, including creative commons and citing sources.  This would also be an opportunity for them to take their own pictures and learn how to upload and edit.

No comments: