Friday, August 6, 2010

Computer Lab Almost Ready

Thought it was time to update my progress. Won't show the library half -- stuff all over the tables waiting for cabinets to get moved around. Been working yesterday and today sorting stuff, sending this here and that there, even some to the circular file. The computer lab is taking shape. We will have 20 machines in the lab. Thanks to maintenance I have 20 matching yellow chairs.

Larel, the tech coordinator, started to set up the machines at the end of the day -- really looks like a lab. I will have a laptop this year and will attach it to an LCD projector. Since I write on the whiteboard to mark things I am projecting that I want the students to remember or look for on their screens; Larel refers to it as my "analog smartboard."

3 comments:

Allana said...

It looks like a very nice lab! Will you be posting pictures of the library after you have all of the stuff put away?

Carole Matthews said...

Yes, I am just about done. It took a couple weeks to get some of the stuff done. Had to work around other people's schedules. Last week I tried to take pictures of the lab WITH computers and the camera batteries were dead.

lcd projector said...

Thanks for the ideas. There's always something new to learn and improve on in this mad internet world. Uptiming is surely something to keep an eye on.