Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Almost There

I am almost ready for business. Clean up some shelves. Put up bulletin boards and other decor. Add my library signage (black on yellow cloth banners). Finish my filing-the biggest job. I reused my card catalogs. Yes, I JUST tossed the cards. For those that don't know I am a sole librarian and have been retro-cataloging the collection for about 5 year. The staff at Panhandle Library System gave me help one summer, so it wasn't a total solo job.

This is the view from my desk. Secondary fiction on the left (non fiction out of range), the computer lab, J fiction, E books, and J/E non fiction peeking in on the right. The pole at left of center will be an OPAC station. There should be seating for close to 40 - 20 big people and 20 little.
Here is the reverse view. My desk area, check out computer on the left and return book bins on the right. Behind the door (hiding all my stuff) is a workroom, storage area. Far right is the Secondary Nonfiction.
This is the view as you enter Secondary books on the left, Book Return Bins on the right OPAC straight ahead and the lab beyond that. J and E books to the right. (Fourth and fifth grades are behind the wall of Secondary books.)
The lab now has computers. We have two 20 computer labs and one 12 computer labs in our small school. The four elementary classrooms and the title classroom on this floor have new Smartboards. There are also four in the secondary building. We will all be taking some training next week.
J/E Nonfiction and reference books with the small tables and chairs. (Title and 2/3 grade are behind this wall.)
J fiction and E books (on the shorter shelves) with my READ letters (Thanks Pat Gross for the challenge to make these a few years back.) (First grade in behind this wall.)


3 comments:

Susan said...

It looks bright and inviting! I'm sure the kids will love it!

Allana said...

It looks like your camera is back in action! The library looks good. I'm curious now however, what are the READ letters?

Carole Matthews said...

Allana, wanted to put in a pictures so check the next entry.