Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thing #24: Feed Your (Library’s) Ego

Twitter Search: Hay Springs - only one and not a place,
my name, Carole Matthews, is the same as an author's and the references are to her, not me. Oh, well.

Google Alert: I have had one for my name going for a couple months. Nothing very earth shattering. I just added a couple more. When your town is Hay Springs, you get a lot of entries with hay in one sentence and springs in the next. So I put it in quotes. Also added HSHS for the high school.

continued May 24
After most of the month I decided to delete the alerts for now. Most were not connected to me or Hay Springs.

I didn't do the Flickr comments because I don't post to Flickr at this time.

It looks like I will have to find other ways to feed my ego.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I just ran across a tweet from someone in the process of moving to Rushville, NE, which I know is just down the road from you! I can imagine a library using Twitter to reach out to new patrons this way!

Tessa said...

I use google alerts to keep an eye on our competitors. One of them is National Seminars, so I have the same problem you do w/ hay springs. Lots of national seminars that are not that company...