Saturday, November 22, 2008

thing #8 - flickr

I have been exploring Flickr for several years. Recently I discovered stereographic images. Many are included in a set called Little Planet. There are many I like but I offer this one by Josh Sommers called Planet Golden Gate because it takes me back to my hometown. I would like to try to make some of these images myself, but that is a different project for a different time.

I opened an account. For now most are private - old family photos to share with family. I have uploaded two for this thing. The first is a collage of photos I took when I was making reading posters - family readers. The second is my personal version of the Library Dragon. She sits in my library and has been joined by a Mrs. Beamster doll.

3 comments:

S.Schulz said...

Nice post -- other than having the links to the two photos switched around -- but that is easily corrected.

I was talking to someone the other day who mentioned stereo views on FLICKR -- do you need a stereopticon to get the stereo effect?

(This is coming from home, so has my home email rather than the library's).

Carole Matthews said...

The stereographic projection are created using a series of photographs, similar to taking a panorama the "stitching" them together using a program called hugin - Panorama photo stitcher. That is a simple explanation. A tutorial for the process has been put on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jftphotography/505008136/in/set-72157600232700728/

Thanks for the heads up, I switched the links.

Tessa said...

Cute kids... they look familiar!