Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Webpage Design

I "completed" the pages for classes and had about twice as many ideas for more pages.  Most of the pages are links for students. I concentrated on the Elementary level because the students are just looking for a game or activity to do and this resource will do their looking (and screening) for them.  Some of these sites the students have used in school.  This is a place for them to come when they are at home and can't remember how to get to the site.  I also like to have the links to the sites that Kindergarten and First use in school rather than have them type out the URL - it just save a lot of time.  The next step is teaching them to use bookmarks.
I gave the URL to the tech guy at school. He would like to revamp our school website.  I don't know how this new page will fit into that revision.
I went to SpiderScribe to start laying out my website because I knew it was going to get crazy.  I wanted to be careful not to go too deep or have a menu that was too long.
As the next year progresses I want to put use it as an example for other teachers.  One teacher already has all his assignments on his webpage.  I think this is a great resource for students and parents.  I want to be able to use my page to show other teachers how easy it for them to do the same thing.  This is a way to increase the connection and communication between parents, teachers, students, and school.
One thing that is very interesting is how personal and different each webpage can be when using a drag and drop programs with a limited number of options.  It causes you to spend more thinking on content and less on the mechanics.

1 comment:

Allana said...

This looks like an interesting project Carole. It made my day to see that you included a link to NebraskAccess!