Monday, June 20, 2011

My opening blog - CPD23

This is my second 23 things.  I am not a consistent blogger.  I used it for Nebraska Learns 23 Things then didn't do much. I did some of the Nebraska Library Commission things between #23 and #43, and blogged about the reorganization project at my library over last summer.  Hadn't done much until I began a Masters Program through Lesley University.  This last class had us blogging about the various projects we worked on.

I need to use my blog to reflect on what I am doing.  Even if it is only once a week.  When you  are a sole librarian it is difficult to not feel isolated and blogging is one way to make connections.  I enjoy reading several blogs, but don't often comment back.  Questions like "Who would care to read about my unexciting life?" "Are others interested in my comments?"  have held me back.

Where is my career?  It is at beginnings and endings.  I began as a classroom teacher, stayed home and raised a family and did many of the volunteer activities that go along with that.  I pursued other lines of work, but decided that education was where I belonged.  After subbing I was offered a position as a school library, became certified, and love it.  I am working on a Masters in Education, Technology in Education and hope to put a lot of it into practice before I quit teaching for good.

(Do we ever stop learning and teaching?) CPD23 will be another avenue for learning.  Learning and sharing. Learning in different way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Just visiting from the 23 Things school librarian list. This is my first 23 things and so far I'm enjoying it. I've been blogging for almost a year and it has been a great reflection tool for me too.

Merri Monks said...

I'm glad you're blogging--I'm your neighbor at the State Library in Iowa and will check back to compare notes as we go through the CPD23 program together.