Monday, May 31, 2010

flickr revisited

I had trouble with the webinar, so I just looked at the slides and read the narration. Not great but it works.

I loved the ideas, the pictures, the PR. Its not only great for Lester Library but also for the town. I found the series "This Morning from Youth Services" fascinating and found myself thinking of different ways I could do it at my library and town. There is no one taking pictures of the town and putting them on Flickr as a regular thing. There are a few pictures if you do a search.

PR for my library?? As a school library I think there is more of a privacy issue than with a public library. We do post pictures of students on the school web page. I can see this rather than on Flickr. There is also the problem of accessing Flickr at school. We have a new tech guy and will have a new web page, so will see what can be done.

I really liked the poster and can see doing it with shots from the library or school over a year and displaying at the school.

My pictures are posted in set "hawks library I" by hawks librarian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carole - I loved your READ posters! I found a Flickr group that I thought you might be interested in, being at a school library - School Library Displays - http://www.flickr.com/groups/school_library_displays/ Thru this group, you can see how other school libraries are using Flickr.

Michael Sauers said...

Might I also encourage you to take photos of your signs and displays and contribute to the Library Signage group. I know many libraries that look to that group for inspiration and there's a lack of school library contributions.