Sunday, March 19, 2017

Series are going to drive me crazy

First it was Town Secrets, Aeturnum, and Inititates.  Waiting for book 4 to be written. Next came Horizon by Westerfeld.  Book 1 of 4, waiting for #2.  Horizon (13/60) and Making Bombs for Hitler (14/60) are selections from the current Scholastic Book Fair.  I have recommended both to students and will get copies for the library.
Everyone says I should read the Michael Vey books, but that is already up to book 6 or 7.  Better wait until summer.
Years ago I watched the movie Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (still haven't read the book) but I did read Ya-Yas in Bloom (16/60) which told the story of house there friendship started in the 1930s.  Yet another series.

Earlier this month I attended the Six Corners of Nebraska-Northwest.  I her Charlotte Endorf speak on Excess Baggage: Riding the Orphan Train.  Several other Nebraska author were in attendance as well.  I picked up Ghost Juggler (15/60) by Nora Brooks Morrison.  Zack is in a new town, a new school, a new house - which just happens to be haunted.  After making friends with the ghosts and helping them solve a problem, he figures he can deal with his real life problems.  Problems that include the school bully, failing math, and making new friends.


No comments: